College is a major milestone for our CSF Scholars. Now that students are in college, we concentrate on keeping them there. We do this through support and programming provided by our College Support Services team and in collaboration with our college partners at institutions serving our CSF Scholars across Washington. CSF's Scholarship Services administers several scholarship programs and disburses award funding to CSF Scholars.
College Support Services
We aim to deliver the supports and services necessary for scholars to academically succeed and ultimately graduate with a degree. This is achieved through a variety of approaches:
- High-school-to-college transition programming takes place beginning the senior year of high school throughout our scholars’ first year of college.
- Mentoring support is provided to meet the unique needs of scholars and to connect them to existing campus support programs. The CSF Navigator program provides peer mentoring support on several campuses participating in our Passport Navigator program for former foster youth and College Success Navigator program for entering college first-year students.
- College partners and CSF staff work in collaboration to provide students with both financial and academic support.
- Persistence and retention programming to support students in the two- and four-year college transition process as they move into their major areas of study and prepare for completing their bachelor’s degrees.
- On-campus programming on relevant topics such as financial literacy, navigating college campus resources and connecting college to career is provided in collaboration with our college campus partners.
- By fostering an online community (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), CSF is able to update and “push” information and updates out to students.