The Leadership 1000 Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations or businesses to provide college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. Scholarships awarded will range from $2,500 to $5,000.
To be considered for the Leadership 1000 Scholarship students must:
- Plan to attend, or currently be attending, an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. (Students attending a community or technical college will be considered if they are transferring to an eligible four-year college/university for the fall of 2015, or if they are planning to complete a bachelor's degree program offered at the community college, or if they meet the specific eligibility criteria for the City of Tacoma.)
- Be a Washington state resident, (meeting in-state tuition requirements or eligibility for Washington state financial aid programs).
- Plan to enroll as a college freshman, sophomore or junior in fall 2015.
- Plan to file or have already filed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), if eligible. If not eligible to submit a FAFSA, alternative financial information must be submitted to the College Success Foundation, if requested.
- Have a family income for 2014 that does not exceed:
Family of 1 - $32,500
Family of 2 - $43,000
Family of 3 - $53,000
Family of 4 - $63,000
Family of 5 - $73,000
Family of 6 - $83,000
Family of 7 - $85,000
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Plan to enroll or actually be enrolled full-time as a college student, 12 credits per quarter or equivalent for semester.
- Please note: International students, students on foreign exchange or visas and out-of-state residents are not eligible.
The 2014-2015 application will open in January 2015. Please check back at that time to apply.