The Leadership 1000 Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations, or businesses and provides college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington State. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. Scholarships awarded will range from $2,500 to $5,000. Some scholarships will be for one year only while others will be renewable for up to three additional years.
To be considered for the Leadership 1000 Scholarship students must:
- Plan to attend, or currently be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington State. (Students attending a community or technical college will be considered if they are transferring to an eligible four-year college/university for the fall of 2013, or if they are planning to complete a bachelor's degree program offered at the community college, or if they meet the specific eligibility criteria for the City of Tacoma or Tacoma Public Utilities Scholarships)
- Be a Washington State resident, (meeting in-state tuition requirements or eligibility for Washington State financial aid programs).
- Plan to enroll as a college Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior in fall 2013.
- Plan to file or have already filed a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), if eligible. If not eligible to submit a FAFSA, alternative financial information must be submitted to the College Success Foundation if requested.
- Have a family income for 2012 that does not exceed:
Family of 1 - $39,000
Family of 2 - $51,000
Family of 3 - $62,000
Family of 4 - $70,000
Family of 5 - $78,000
Family of 6 - $86,000
Family of 7 - $94,000
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Plan to enroll or actually be enrolled full-time as a college student, 12 credits per quarter or equivalent for semester.
- Please note: International students, students on foreign exchange or visas and out-of-state residents are not eligible.
The online application must be submitted by 5 PM on Monday, April 1, 2013. Your letter of recommendation and transcript must also be postmarked by Monday April 1,2013. Late applications or applications with late documents will not be considered.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this application, please call 877.355.4617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the form your recommender will need to fill out is available here.