Save the Date: July 9-12, 2013 – CENTRAL Washington University
Make it Happen! is a four-day, three-night college campus experience for youth in and alumni of the Washington state foster care system. The event is full of information on what getting into and going to college is all about.
See our feature in the March 2013 addition of the Caregiver Connection!
The application for Make it Happen! is now open. Click Registration to begin.
Together we’ll learn about:
- Taking the high school classes that will best prepare you for college.
- Learning about many of the colleges in Washington state.
- Applying to college.
- Financial aid and scholarships.
- The support programs available to foster youth across the state.
- How to connect your education to career opportunities.
- Helpful tips to succeed once in college and other life skills that all young adults need when moving out on their own.
- And much more!
Although our top priority is for youth who attend to learn about college, there is fun stuff too! In addition to the workshops, youth who attend will participate in team-building activities and will be given free time with other participants, peer mentors and staff in order to build a community with those who share similar experiences.
Peer mentors, staff, volunteers and inspiring speakers—many of whom were in foster care themselves—will work together in support of all youth who attend to achieve their higher education goals.
We hope to see you there!
Are you an adult interested in volunteering at Make it Happen?
Contact Aubrey Mathwig at email@example.com or by phone at 425.416.2000 or 877.655.4097.